Royal Icing: Wet on Wet Techniques Part 1
These cookies look so cool and are relatively easy to make. The design possibilities are endless.
1 Recipe Almond Sugar Cookies
1 Recipe Royal Icing,
Various Round cutters
Blue Gel Food Coloring
Yellow Gel Food Coloring
Size 1 round tip
2 Size 5 round tips
- Bake cookies and let cool
- Make Royal Icing, divided into 3 parts
- Use food coloring to tint 2 parts of the Royal Icing (blue/yellow)
- Fill bag with white outline consistency RI, fit with size 1 round tip
- Outline all your cookies and let set at least 15 minutes to allow the RI to firm up
- Fill 2 more bags with blue and yellow; fit them with size 5 tips
- Use a slightly thinner RI to fill. DO NOT overfill since you will be adding more icing.
- Immediately use a tooth pick to drag through the color icing rings from the outside into the center of the cookie.
- Do the same to the opposite side, dividing the cookie in half, then continue by doing the same technique to divided the cookie in fourths
you can add more rings and divide the cookie more as desired