Orange Cranberry Nut Bread was something that appeared at many of our holiday get- togethers. Its the perfect breakfast bread and lasts up to one week well wrapped in the refrigerator or is good for up to a month in the freezer.
Orange Cranberry Nut Bread
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon dried orange zest or 1 tablespoon fresh zest
1 large egg
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups cranberries (roughly chopped)
Preheat oven 350 degrees, grease and flour loaf pan
- In a bowl shift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salty. Set to the side
- Mix together sugar and butter.
- Beat in orange zest and egg.
- Add orange juice and milk (mixture will appear curdled)
- Add the flour mixture and mix until moistened.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan, sprinkle top with a little sugar
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Test loaf with a toothpick, when toothpick comes out clean its done.
- Let cool on a wire rack